Mount Sinai West Medical Library: Home
Library Operations Coordinator
Schedule at Mount Sinai West:
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9am - 5pm, or by request.
Mount Sinai West Medical Library services include:
- Extended hours (via after hours access)
- Comfortable study/research areas
- 9 computer stations, including 1 with SPSS and SAS software
- Printing/scanning stations
- Research assistance: Please visit our Research Support Guide for more information.
Library Resources Links
Staff at Mount Sinai Downtown/Beth Israel, Morningside, and West please click on Levy Library to access books, journals, databases, and related resources.
Nurses at these locations please click on Nursing Resources for clinical practice, patient education, and related tools.
Residents & Fellows please click on Residents/Fellows to view library resources and services available.
Visiting the Library
Mount Sinai West Medical Library
1000 10th Avenue
Room 2A-10 (Near chapel)
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
24 hour access available upon request.
All members of the Mount Sinai Health System with a valid ID badge are eligible for after-hours access to the Mount Sinai West Medical Library.
Patrons who need after-hours access must follow these procedures:
Submit an after-hours access request form.
Library staff will send a confirmation that the form has been received and processed by security.
After receiving this confirmation, patrons must visit the West security office during daytime business hours with their ID badge in order to fully complete the process.
This is a one-time procedure. Access will stay granted as long as the requestor remains a member of the Mount Sinai Health System.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all users and library staff, the following policies are in place:
- Library Access Policy
- All users must enter the library with a valid and current Mount Sinai or Icahn School of Medicine ID.
- If your ID does not work, submit an after-hours access request.
- Mask Policy
- Masks are currently optional in all library spaces. Please understand that these policies may be revised if COVID-19 rates change or the regulatory environment changes.
- Noise Policy
- Due to spatial limitations, there is no policy for total silence. If you require a silent space to work or study, please consider visiting the Levy Library.
- Earplugs are available near the help desk.
- Playing audio out loud on any device is not permitted. Please use headphones to listen to audio content.
- Work-related phone calls are allowed at a respectful volume. Personal calls must be taken outside in the hallway.
- Seating Policy
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved.
- Cleaning and sanitation supplies are available upon request. We encourage all individuals to clean their space before/after use.
- Food and Drinks Policy
- Food is not permitted in the library at any time.
- Drinks with lids are permitted.
The Mount Sinai West Medical Library has a variety of seating arrangements for different types of work and study. There are a total of 33 seats with the following features:
- Study Tables
- Counter Height Seating
- Soft Seating
- Group Study Tables
- Computer Desktop Workstations
To learn more about each type of seating, please visit our Study Areas Page.