Mount Sinai West Medical Library: Study Areas
General Study seating is located throughout the entire Medical Library and provides various types of spaces for users to work on projects and assignments.
- Study space
- Individual/group study tables
- Counter-height seating
- Soft seating
- 10 seats available at individual/group study tables.
- 10 seats available at counter-height, including 2 desktop workstations.
- 6 soft seats available.
- Collaborative study and conversation permitted at a low volume.
- Short work-related calls are permitted.
- Beverages with lids are permitted.
- Video conferencing conversations are not permitted.
The Mount Sinai West Medical Library has desktop computers available for open use. No reservations are required and computer workstations are available on a first come - first served basis.
- Computing facilities
- 5 desktop workstations at individual tables
- 2 counter-height desktop workstations
- 2 dual monitor workstations
- 1 school-build desktop workstation in front of the window with SPSS and SAS software
- 1 standing desk workstation with adjustable height
- Black & white printer/copier
- 9 desktops available
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office Applications
- SPSS and SAS (on 1 school-build desktop ONLY)
- Individual or group study with minimal talking permitted.
- Beverages with lids are permitted, but caution must be taken to avoid spills.
- Do not save personal files to the computers. Please delete any files you may have downloaded.
- Do not leave any personal items unattended. Any item that is left for more than 20 minutes may be removed by library staff in order for others to use the computer.