Mount Sinai Morningside Information Commons: Home
Visiting the Library
Mount Sinai Morningside Information Commons
440 West 114th Street
8th Floor, Room MU5C23
24 hour access available upon request.
24 Hour Access
All members of the Mount Sinai Health System with a valid ID badge are eligible for 24 hour access to the Mount Sinai Morningside Information Commons.
Patrons who need 24 hour access will need to follow these procedures:
Submit an after-hours access request form.
Library staff will send a confirmation that the form has been received and processed by security.
After receiving this confirmation, patrons must visit the Morningside security office during daytime business hours with their ID badge in order to fully complete the process.
This is a one-time procedure. Access will stay granted as long as the requestor remains a member of the Mount Sinai Health System.
The entrance is unlocked weekdays from 9 AM - 5 PM. 24 hour access is only needed on nights, early mornings, and weekends.
- Information Commons Access Policy
- All users must enter the information commons with a valid and current Mount Sinai or Icahn School of Medicine ID.
- If your ID does not work, submit an after-hours access request.
- Mask Policy
- Masks are currently optional in the Information Commons. Please understand that these policies may be revised if COVID-19 rates change or the regulatory environment changes.
- Noise Policy
- Due to spatial limitations, there is no policy for total silence. If you require a silent space to work or study, please consider visiting the Levy Library.
- Earplugs are available near the help desk.
- Playing audio out loud on any device is not permitted. Please use headphones to listen to audio content.
- Work-related phone calls are allowed at a respectful volume. Personal calls must be taken outside in the hallway.
- Seating Policy
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved.
- Cleaning and sanitation supplies are available upon request. We encourage all individuals to clean their space before/after use.
- Food and Drinks Policy
- Food is not permitted in the Information Commons at any time.
- Drinks with lids are permitted.
- Printing Policy
- Printing is available at no charge to all members of the Mount Sinai community.
- Printing is only available in black & white.
- Printing of full textbooks and licensed material is strictly prohibited. Patrons must abide by U.S. Copyright Law.
- Patrons are encouraged to limit their printer use and avoid excess printing.
The Mount Sinai Morningside Information Commons has a variety of seating arrangements for different types of work and study. There are a total of 38 seats with the following features:
- Study Tables
- Counter Height Seating
- Soft Seating
- Group Study Tables
- Computer Desktop Workstations
- Private Alcoves
To learn more about each type of seating, please visit our Study Areas Page.