Library Reopening: Phase 1 - Computing & Technology
Starting on Monday June 29th, 2020, the Levy Library will be reopening with limited hours and services
For complete details about the services and hours, please visit: mssm.libguides.edu/visit/reopening
All public computers and computer labs will remain closed at this time. This incudes checking out laptops and technology equipment. We will not be taking any room reservations at this time.
We are here to support your study and research needs when you are working or studying remotely. Please visit our Remote Services and Resources page to learn about all the ways you can stay connected to library and its services and resources.
Questions? Please contact Circulation Services.
Desktop Computer Workstations
The Levy Library has an 80-seat public computing facility that is available for all current students, faculty and staff at the Icahn School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai Health System.
Windows computers and are available for patron use within the library during the library operating hours. We offer a variety of software on our public desktop machines.
For more information, please visit Computing Facilities.
Current students, faculty, and staff from the Icahn School of Medicine or the Mount Sinai Health System can borrow an individual laptop from the Levy Library for the purpose of study and research.
All laptops are available to loan on a first come-first serve basis. Users are limited to two laptops per library account. All laptops have wireless Internet access and include a variety of productivity software and school-related applications.
Please note, Levy Library no longer provides laptop support for group training and school-issued examinations. If you require the use of multiple laptops for training or examinations, please contact the Academic IT Support Center at 212-241-7091 or email@example.com.
Levy Library Laptops
- can be checked out at the library front desk by active ISMMS students, faculty, staff and MSHS employees are available for users to borrow up to 4 hours, and are renewable+ unless other users are waiting.
- must be used inside the Annenberg building.
- must be returned 30 minutes before circulation services closing.
- are intended for individual use and are not intended to be used for trainings or educational settings where a larger number of laptops are required.*
+Users who wish to renew the laptop, must do so in person with all the borrowed items in hand at the User Services desk.
*If users require laptops for an educational /training or instructional setting please see the policy for Instructional Laptops.
Loan Terms & Fines
- The borrower of the laptop and all accessories is responsible for returning all items directly to the Levy Library User Services desk.
- Item(s) checked out are for the Borrower's user only.
- Borrowers will be fined the replacement cost of up to $2000.00 for any items that are damaged, lost, or stolen.
Laptop Loan Fines
- Late fees accrue at a rate of 17 cents per minute, to a maximum of $20.00 for laptops and $20.00 for each peripheral.
Please note, noncompliance with the above conditions can result in the suspension of the use of Levy Library Services and a hold placed on your account.
Please review the complete Laptop Policies and Procedures for further details.
All Levy Library desktops and laptops are configured with the following software:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- ARC GIS
- Citrix (Provides access to hospital applications)
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS InfoPath
- MS Access
- MS Publisher