Remote Services: Stay Connected
As of Monday June 29th, 2020, the Levy Library is opened with limited hours and services
For complete details about the services and hours, please visit: mssm.libguides.edu/visit/reopening
The Mount Sinai Health System Libraries is here to support your research needs when you are working or studying remotely. Below are a list of services and resources to keep you connected to library during this time.
Remote Access to Library Resources
- Log in from off-campus using your Mount Sinai credentials to access library journals, books, databases and other resources!
- Search for E-Journals
- Search for E-Books
- Search Databases
- Search the Library Catalog
- Find Course Reserves
- Download mobile apps
Interlibrary Loan Services
Need access to an article or book chapter outside of our collection? You can submit a request through your ILLiad account and the article or chapter will be delivered to you if available from a partner institution. Please note: Books requests are not available at this time.
Have a question? Just Ask A Librarian!
Ask A Librarian services are available between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. *Emails received Friday through Sunday will be answered by 5pm the following Monday.
- Chat or text for immediate help, or submit your questions online to receive a response within 24 business hours*.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Chat with us is available 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday
- Text us your question at (646) 978-2316
If you’re not near a computer or need to speak with a librarian during the Ask A Librarian operating hours we highly recommend that you email or text us with a call back request for the FASTEST response time. Please provide your contact information - Name and phone number.
- Text us at (646) 978-2316 - include your name and phone number with the message "Call Back"
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name and phone number with the message "Call Back"
- Call us at (212) 241-7793, but please be advised that it is a call back service. We highly encourage our patrons, to use the Email or Text option. If you do call us, you will need to clearly state your name and phone number. A member of our team will be reviewing voicemails every hour between 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday and will schedule a call back with the provided contact information.
Research Support Consultation and Appointments (Offered via Zoom)
- All research consultations will be offered virtually via Zoom. Email us at RefDesk@mssm.edu to request an appointment. Please include a brief (2-3 sentences) summary of your research topic and a sample of a few (3-5) relevant articles on your topic. You can also visit the Library's Education & Research Services webpage to submit a consultation form.
Education Sessions (Offered via Zoom)
- Given that all ISMMS courses are cancelled and meetings of 20 or more people are currently suspended, all education sessions will be offered virtually via Zoom. Check out our Educational Offerings page to learn more about what topics we cover and email us at RefDesk@mssm.edu to request a session for your course or program.
ISMMS Writing Support Services (Offered via Zoom)
- The ISMMS Writing Support Service provides students, housestaff, and postdocs with 1:1 consultations from an experienced science writer and editor in a collaborative, non-judgmental, and confidential setting. To set up a consultation, visit the ISMMS Writing Support Services page.
If you have a general question, you can always reach us at email@example.com.