Interlibrary Loan Services: ILL
Interlibrary Loan Services - Changes to the Service
Updated June 1, 2021
Please note: Our ability to borrow and lend physical items is currently unavailable due to service interruptions at libraries worldwide caused by COVID-19.
We thank you for your patience during this time and if you have any questions or need assistance during this time, please send us a message us at ILLemail@example.com.
Login to ILLiad
Need an article or chapter of a book that's not in the Levy Library collection? Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and we will request the item you want from one of our lending partners.
- Interlibrary Loan service hours are 8:00AM-4:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- All requests that are submitted after-hours will be processed the next business day in the order that it is received.
- We will process up to 5 requests per user, per day in the order of submisssion.
Interlibrary Loan Services - ILLiad
Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL) allows ISMMS students, residents, faculty, and staff and MSHS employees to borrow materials from other libraries when an item is not available at Mount Sinai Health System Libraries.
In order to make an ILL request all users must first register for an ILLiad account. ILLiad also enables users to track the status of their requests, and can provide available articles in PDF format through its Electronic Delivery option. Electronically delivered articles are usually available in 2-3 business days. Request for physical materials can take from 7-14 days to receive depending on the location of the item.
Request Policies and Limits
- Users can submit up to 20 requests at a time.
- Users who are working on large projects or are planning to submit more than 20 requests for a single project, must contact the head of the Interlibrary Loan Services department prior to submitting any requests. Please send an email to ILL-E-Delivery@mssm.edu with your name, status at MSHS or ISMMS, and scope of the project.
- We will process up to 5 requests per user, per day.
- All interlibrary loan items must either be returned or renewed (if allowed) by the due date. Failure to return any item in a timely manner could result in late, lost, and/or processing fees that have been applied by the lending library. Failure to return an item will result in a loss of interlibrary loan privileges.
Mount Sinai Health System Libraries subscribes to the National Interlibrary Loan Code of the American Library Association as well as to regional agreements, and adheres strictly to copyright law.