Library Resources Login: Browser Extensions
LibKey Nomad Extension
What is LibKey Nomad Browser Extension?
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that can identify legal access points to library-licensed resources or open access content on the internet. The purpose of the extension is to provide ease of access when you are not utilizing the library catalog, or connected to VPN or a secured MSHS network.
Libkey Nomad Installation
1. Visit https://www.libkeynomad.com and click on the icon for your preferred Browser. Currently, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave and Vivaldi are supported.
2. Follow the prompts to install the extension.
3. On the next page, locate Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai from the drop down list.
4. Once you select the Icahn School of Medicine your box will refresh and you will see a message 'Library Selection Saved'
5. When you open your browser, you should now see the Libkey Nomad extension icon displayed in your browser ribbon. This icon indicates that the extension is active.
Using the Extension
When searching for content on various platforms like PubMed, Wikipedia, or on publisher websites, you can search for Libkey Nomad icon for access to library-licensed and open access content.
NOTE: All users will be required authenticate via EZproxy prior to downloading any library licensed content.
Here are some examples:
In Wikipedia reference sections, look for the Download PDF, Article Link, or Access Options icons to retrieve scholarly content licensed by the Levy Library or provided via legal open access options.