Desktop Computer Workstations
The Levy Library Computing Center is available for all current students, faculty, and staff within the Mount Sinai Health System. No reservations are required and computers are available on a first come-first serve basis.
- 74 seats available
- 65 single monitor desktop workstations
- 7 dual monitor desktop workstations
- 2 Surface Studio workstations
- Black & white printers/copiers
- Color printer/copier
- Flatbed scanner
- Multi-document scanner
- Microfilm viewer
All Levy Library workstations are configured with the following software*:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- ARC GIS
- Citrix (Provides access to hospital applications)
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS OneNote
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Publisher
- MS Word
*Please note that the library computers no longer have Adobe Creative Suite applications including Photoshop and Illustrator.
Requests for software installation to workstations and laptops can be submitted to Academic Support Center (ASC-IT).
Current students, faculty, and staff within the Mount Sinai Health System can borrow an individual laptop from the Levy Library for the purpose of study and research.
All laptops are available to loan on a first come-first serve basis. Users are limited to two laptops per library account. All laptops have wireless internet access and include a variety of productivity software and school-related applications.
Please note, Levy Library no longer provides laptop support for group training and school-issued examinations. If you require the use of multiple laptops for training or examinations, please contact the Academic IT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Levy Library Laptops
- Can be checked out at the library front desk by active ISMMS students, faculty, staff and MSHS employees are available for users to borrow up to 4 hours, and are renewable+ unless other users are waiting.
- Must be returned 30 minutes before circulation services closing.
- Are intended for individual use and are not intended to be used for trainings or educational settings where a larger number of laptops are required.
+Users who wish to renew the laptop, must do so in person with all the borrowed items in hand at the User Services desk.
Loan Terms & Fees
- The borrower of the laptop and all accessories is responsible for returning all items directly to the Levy Library Circulation Services desk.
- Item(s) checked out are for the borrower's user only.
- Borrowers will be charged the replacement fee of up to $2,500.00 for any items that are damaged, lost, or stolen.
Please note, noncompliance with the above conditions can result in the suspension of the use of library services and a hold placed on your account.
Two computer labs within the Levy Library are available to reserve for instruction, training, and examinations. Each lab features classroom style, front facing desktop workstations, and instructor station and monitor.
- Large computer lab - 35 attendees
- Small computer lab -15 attendees
- Individual workstations with privacy panels
- Instructor podium
- Digital monitor
- Zoom hardware with front and rear cameras, digital screen microphone and speakers
The labs are available to reserve by current students, faculty and staff from the Icahn School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai Health System for instruction, examinations, and training.
For more information about the computer labs and other available library spaces, please visit Find a Space.