Desktop Computer Workstations
The Levy Library has a public computing facility that is available for all current students, faculty and staff at the Icahn School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai Health System.
Computers are available for patron use during the library operating hours. We offer both productivity and school-related software on our workstations
For more information, please visit Computing Facilities.
Current students, faculty, and staff from the Icahn School of Medicine or the Mount Sinai Health System can borrow an individual laptop from the Levy Library for the purpose of study and research.
All laptops are available to loan on a first come-first serve basis. Users are limited to two laptops per library account. All laptops have wireless Internet access and include a variety of productivity software and school-related applications.
Please note, Levy Library no longer provides laptop support for group training and school-issued examinations. If you require the use of multiple laptops for training or examinations, please contact the Academic IT Support Center at 212-241-7091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Levy Library Laptops
- Can be checked out at the library front desk by active ISMMS students, faculty, staff and MSHS employees are available for users to borrow up to 4 hours, and are renewable+ unless other users are waiting.
- Must be used inside the Annenberg building.
- Must be returned 30 minutes before circulation services closing.
- Are intended for individual use and are not intended to be used for trainings or educational settings where a larger number of laptops are required.
+Users who wish to renew the laptop, must do so in person with all the borrowed items in hand at the User Services desk.
Loan Terms & Fines
- The borrower of the laptop and all accessories is responsible for returning all items directly to the Levy Library User Services desk.
- Item(s) checked out are for the Borrower's user only.
- Borrowers will be fined the replacement cost of up to $2000.00 for any items that are damaged, lost, or stolen.
Laptop Loan Fines
- Late fees accrue at a rate of .17 cents per minute, to a maximum of $20.00 for laptops and $20.00 for each peripheral.
Please note, noncompliance with the above conditions can result in the suspension of the use of Levy Library Services and a hold placed on your account.
Please review the complete Laptop Policies and Procedures for further details.
Two reservation-only computer labs are located within the Levy Library . Each lab features classroom style, front facing computing workstations, and a computing instructor station and monitor. The labs are available to reserve by current students, faculty and staff from the Icahn School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai Health System for class instruction and school examinations.
For more information about the Computer Labs and to submit a reservation, please visit Find a Space.
All Levy Library desktops and laptops are configured with the following software:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- ARC GIS
- Citrix (Provides access to hospital applications)
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS InfoPath
- MS Access
- MS Publisher
Please note that the library computers no longer have Adobe Creative Suite Applications including Photoshop and Illustrator.
Requests for software installation to workstations and laptops can be submitted to Academic Support Center (ASC-IT).