Research Support: Education & Research Services
Research consultations and education sessions are available in person or via Zoom.
- For real-time answers to your questions, call, chat, or text us using the Ask A Librarian service. This service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
For information on how to access library resources from off-campus, please visit:
Research & Publication Support Consultations
Leveraging the Levy Library's robust collection of information resources and tools, the librarians are available to provide advice and recommendations on:
- selecting appropriate databases for your research topic
- developing a search strategy
- reference management tools
- type of literature review best suited to your research question
- planning a systematic review/evidence synthesis project
- identifying and selecting appropriate journals for manuscript submissions
Faculty members, program managers, residency directors, and others may request library instruction and course support focused on the resources and research skills of greatest interest to their students, residents, and other trainees.
Systematic Review Services
Members of the Education & Research Services team are trained in Systematic Review methodology and advanced searching. We are available to assist with various review types, including systematic, scoping, and rapid reviews. Librarians can help with search development as well as training on Covidence, a systematic review tool available to the ISMMS community.
ISMMS Writing Support Service
The ISMMS Writing Support Service provides students, housestaff, and postdocs with consultations from an experienced science writer and editor. Eligible members of the ISMMS community are welcome to meet with the writing support consultant to work on course assignments, manuscripts, personal statements and more. Please note that this is not a copy editing service.
Learn Microsoft Office
Training on Microsoft Office Suite tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint is offered by the Mount Sinai Talent and Learning Development group through PEAK. Log on to PEAK using your network ID and password, then click Online Courses, then click Microsoft Office Suite.