Visiting The Library: Access and Privileges
Levy Library Access and Privileges
Mount Sinai Health System Faculty, Staff, and Students
Icahn School of Medicine faculty, students, and staff and Mount Sinai Health System employees have in-person and remote access to the Levy Library's collection of resources and services. When visiting the Library in-person, users are required to wear a valid Mount Sinai issued ID in order to access the library spaces.
- Borrowing Privileges
Icahn School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students and Mount Sinai Health System employees are eligible to borrow print materials and technology equipment from the Levy Library. More information about borrowing library materials is available here.
- Remote (Off-Campus) Access to Online Resources
Current Icahn School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students and Mount Sinai Health System employees are eligible to access the Levy Library's electronic resources. More information about remote access is available here.
Consortium for Graduate Medical Education
- Trainees participating in the Consortium for Graduate Medical Education (GME) who are on rotation at the Mount Sinai Hospital campus for an extended period of time can request access to use the Levy Library while they are on campus. Please contact your program to set up access to the library.
- All Mount Sinai faculty of participating institutions of the Consortium for Graduate Medical Education (GME) have in-house use of the Levy Library collection. A valid ID from a GME Consortium institution is required for entrance to the Library. Circulation privileges and remote access to Levy Library resources are not extended to faculty and staff of GME Consortium institutions.
Affiliated Groups and Non-Mount Sinai Community Users
The Levy Library is able to offer affiliated groups and non-Mount Sinai community users access to use specified library resources in-person based on affiliation or research need by appointment between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
To get started, please click on your affiliation or user type below:
- New York Academy of Medicine (NYAM) Employees
- Mount Sinai Alumni Association Members
- METRO Referral Card
- Independent Researchers
See our NYAM Employee webpage for details.
See our Members of the Mount Sinai Alumni Association webpage for details.
As a member of the Metropolitan New York Library Council METRO, the Levy Library honors METRO card referrals. You may request a METRO card referral at one of 270 member libraries and library systems in New York City and Westchester County. A METRO referral card allows an individual a one-time-only visit to a library to use a specified resource(s) in the library collection.
Independent Researchers who have no affiliation with Mount Sinai can schedule an appointment for a day visit to the Levy Library to use a specified resource(s) in the library collection. Requests for using the library as a permanent or temporary research, study, work, or office space will be declined.
See our Independent Researchers webpage for details.
Note: The Library's electronic resources are not available off-campus to users who are not current Mount Sinai faculty, staff, or students.