Special Topics: Academic, Career, and Funding Resources
These special topics books are all available to check out at the Levy Library.
Academic, Career, and Funding Resources
View the entire Academic, Career and Funding Resources Collection in Research Discovery.
- Fundamentals for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur byCall Number: HB 615 B71145 2016ISBN: 9780133966817Publication Date: 2015-11-17This is the complete, modern guide to every facet of creating a successful new venture, from identifying and evaluating opportunities to effectively exploiting them. Using examples from real-life entrepreneurs, Alan L. Carsrud guides you all nine key pieces of the entrepreneurial puzzle: the individual, entrepreneurial team, opportunity, business concept, revenue model, resource acquisition, launch, execution, and growth.
- Pathways, Potholes, and the Persistence of Women in ScienceCall Number: Q 130 P297 2016ISBN: 9781498516365Publication Date: 2016-05-16The goal of the book is to offer an alternative model that better articulates the ideas of agency, constraint, and variability along the path to scientific careers for women. The chapters in this volume apply the metaphor of the road to a variety of fields and moments that are characterized as exits, pathways, and potholes.
- ReSearch byCall Number: Q 147 E92 2017ISBN: 9780128042977Publication Date: 2017-05-31ReSearch: A Career Guide for Scientists is a career planning guide and practical tool for graduate students and postdocs. This book provides step-by-step processes for the assessment of career goals and the actions that can be taken in order to achieve them.
- Scientific Writing and Communication byCall Number: Q 223 H713 2014ISBN: 9780199947560Publication Date: 2013-12-27This unique "all-in-one" handbook begins with a discussion of the basics of scientific writing style and composition and then applies these principles to writing research papers, review articles, grant proposals, research statements, and resumes and to preparing academic presentations and posters. It is ideal for a wide range of readers - from upper-level undergraduates and graduate students to postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and professional researchers in the life sciences, medicine, psychology, chemistry, physics, and engineering.
- Writing for Publication in Nursing (3rd Edition) byCall Number: RT24 O29 2010ISBN: 9780826119926Publication Date: 2015-01-01"Writing for publication is essential for disseminating nursing knowledge, and this book will surely prepare budding authors and serve as a resource for experienced authors. It is a great reference for authors at all levels."