Levy Library Policies: Education and Research Services
MSHS Libraries Education & Research Services Mission, Vision, and Policies
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) Libraries Education & Research Services team equips students, faculty, trainees, clinicians and other members of our user community to effectively find and utilize the information they need to practice evidence-based medicine in the service of providing superior quality patient care and producing the highest quality research output.
The MSHS user community seamlessly accesses the resources they need and utilizes library services to enhance their knowledge, skills and performance in pursuit of superior quality education, research and evidence-based patient care.
- As a general rule, patrons are invited and encouraged to schedule time to meet with a librarian to observe and learn research skills.
- For search requests related to research projects (rather than patient care or hospital policies), patrons must make an appointment for a consultation with a librarian.
- Mediated search services consist of designing an optimal search strategy in a single database (e.g. PubMed, Nursing Reference Center, etc.) for the patron, sending them the search which they can plugin to the database, and providing instructions on how to best sort and review search results. The patron is responsible for reviewing results and retrieving articles they deem relevant. If the patron wishes to expand the search to additional databases, they must make an appointment for a consultation with a librarian.
- Patrons who are earning a degree at an institution other than the ISMMS, including MSHS employees and visiting students are strongly encouraged to contact the library at the institution where they are earning their degree, as the library at the degree granting institution may offer dedicated resources and services that are not available via the MSHS Libraries. MSHS library staff is able to provide a maximum of 1 hour of research consultation services to these patrons.
Consultation Service Limits
- Mediated searches shall be limited to two per month per patron. Patrons needing in excess of 2 searches/month must schedule an appointment for a consultation in order to develop independent search skills, as finding and assessing literature is evidently an important aspect part of their role.
- Mediated searches shall be limited to 90 minutes. After 90 minutes worth of searching, the librarian will send the patron the results and invite the patron to schedule an appointment for a consultation if they wish to pursue the search further.
- Services provided to any single patron are limited to three hours per patron per month.
Article Retrieval/Document Delivery
- The library does not provide an article retrieval service for items that are available electronically through our collection.
- The Education & Research Services commits to providing documentation and instruction on how to retrieve and download articles accessible via the collection is available to all users.
Policy enacted as of 3/15/17. Policy updated as of 7/12/21.