Levy Library Policies: Computing & Technology Policies
Laptop Policies and Procedures
Levy Library Laptops
- can be checked out at the library front desk by active ISMMS students, faculty, staff and MSHS employees. are available for users to borrow for 4 hours, and are renewable, unless other users are waiting.
- user can check out up to 2 laptops per library account.
- must be used inside the Annenberg building.
- must be returned 30 minutes before circulation services closing.
- are intended for individual use and are not intended to be used for trainings or instructional settings where a larger number of laptops are required.*
*Please note, if users require laptops for an educational /training or instructional setting please see the Policy for Instructional Laptops.
Loan Terms & Fines
- The Borrower of the item(s) is responsible for returning all items directly to Levy Library Circulation Services front desk.
- Item(s) checked out are for the Borrower’s use only.
- Borrowers will be fined the replacement cost of up to $2000.00 for any items that are lost, stolen or damaged.
Levy Library Laptop Loan Fines
- Late fees accrue at a rate of 17 cents per minute, to a maximum of $20.00 for laptops and $20.00 for each peripheral.
Please note, noncompliance with the above conditions can result in the suspension of the use of Levy Library Services and a hold placed on your account.
Damaged and/or Lost Laptops and Peripheral(s)
- If a laptop and/or peripheral item is damaged or lost, it is the responsibility of the user to repay the cost to repair the damage or replace the item.
- The Library does have the authority to forward all unpaid bills to the staff member's department to request payment, if no payment has been made within 30 days.
- Instructional laptops can be loaned out with a classroom or group study room reservation to active ISMMS students, faculty, and staff and MSHS employees.
- Instructional laptops are intended to be used in educational and training settings only.*
- Laptop setups are only available in library managed rooms located on the 10th floor of Annenberg building.
- Instructional laptops must be reserved through ASCIT (Academic Support Center for IT).
*Please note, examinations that require certifications/security measures are not permitted on instructional laptops. All examinations must be taken on secured desktop workstations in the Levy Library Computer Labs. Please fill out the room reservation request form to check lab availability.