Employment Opportunities: Academic IT & Library Positions
Applications will be accepted until October 8th, 2020, 5pm EST.
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s Levy Library is seeking candidates for its E-Resources Librarian position. Reporting to the Assistant Director, License & Procurement, this position ensures continuous access to library resources, troubleshoots access issues in a timely fashion and serves as the system administrator for core library systems including Ex Libris’ Alma/Primo and LibApps.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as system administrator for Alma/Primo integrated library services platform and liaises with ExLibris on updates and customization needed to the system.
- Serves as the library’s LibApps system administrator including creating or updating navigation templates, provisioning account access to incoming library staff, and overseeing upgrades to newer versions of LibApps as they are released by Springshare.
- Activates and deactivates e-books, e-journals and databases according to renewals and licensing cycles.
- Manages data integrity on Alma including record management and link resolver functionality
- Functions as first-line support of technical and systems related issues as they pertain to patrons’ access to the library’s resources
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves a weekly shift on the library reference desk.
- Engages in professional development and stays abreast of developments in the field of e-resource access and management and library systems.
- Works on special projects pertaining to areas of responsibility as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Ex Libris Alma | Primo functionality, management and administration. Candidates with no Ex Libris Alma |Primo experience will not be considered.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required
- General experience with administration and management of Integrated Library Systems (ILS)
- Experience supporting and working in web-based content management, preferably LibGuides, and intermediate (or stronger) HTML editing skills
- Knowledge of best practices in metadata & cataloging standards and e-resources management
- Customer technical support and troubleshooting access related issues
- Experience with EZ Proxy management and link resolvers.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- No cover letter required
Please email curriculum vitae to Evita.Rodrigues@mssm.edu.
About the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an international leader in medical and scientific training, biomedical research, and patient care. It is the medical school for the Mount Sinai Health System, which includes eight hospital campuses, and has more than 5,000 faculty and nearly 2,000 students, residents and fellows. Our unwavering pursuit of intellectual exchange, breakthrough research, and multidisciplinary teamwork propels us ever forward in biomedical discoveries and advances. We pursue ideas that often challenge conventional wisdom to revolutionize the practice of medicine and produce dramatically better outcomes for patients. We make big, bold bets by investing in radical free thinkers and technology at the cutting edge. More information is available on the web (http://icahn.mssm.edu/).