Access Medicine This link opens in a new window
Access Medicine is a collection of full text, searchable textbooks covering internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, emergency medicine, ob/gyn, surgery, and more. Textbook titles include Harrison's Online, Hurst's the Heart, and Metabolic and Molecular Basis of Inherited Disease. Images from the textbooks may be saved, printed or downloaded for personal and educational use. AccessMedicine's mobile app content includes: Diagnosaurus DDX tool, Quick Medical DX and RX, Fitpatrick's Color Atlas of Dermatology, and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests and more!
Access Mobile App activation instructions:
1. On a desktop or mobile browser, navigate to AccessMedicine AccessMedicine homepage while on the Mount Sinai network.
2. Select the ISMMS button in the upper right corner of the page and choose 'Sign in or Create a Free Access Profile from the drop down.
3. Either sign in or Create a free MyAccess Profile. Use your Mount Sinai institutional email address to ensure your account can be verified.
4. Once you create an account, download and install the app on your mobile device. *The app is not yet optimized for viewing on iPad or tablet*
5. After installing, you will be prompted to sign in with your Access profile credentials.
6. If you downloaded the app first, you will automatically be validated once you are on-site or connected via VPN.
You will need to re-authenticate to your Mount Sinai subscription every 90 days. To do this, you will visit the library website while on-site or using VPN. You will receive an in-app reminder when you need to reconnect to the subscription.