CEYE Student Resource Guide: Neurology and Neuroscience
Books & Journals
Resources from the Web
Neurology and Neurosurgery at Mount Sinai
Learn more about Neurology at Mount Sinai Health System
- Mount Sinai Neurology Department Website
- About Mount Sinai Neurology
- Mount Sinai Neurosurgery Department Website
- About Mount Sinai Neurosurgery
- The Friedman Brain Institute
Mount Sinai Health Library
- Neurology is the study and treatment of nervous system disorders, including problems with the brain and spinal cord. Some of these issues are movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease; neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease; and seizure disorders, such as epilepsy.
- Neurosurgery is the branch of medicine that deals with nervous system disorders—both disorders and injuries—surgically. Commonly treated brain and spinal cord conditions include brain tumors, movement disorders, hydrocephalus, and epilepsy.