Circulation Services: Borrow
The Levy Library is opened with limited hours and services at this time.
For complete details about the services and hours, please visit: mssm.libguides.edu/visit/reopening
Borrowing Services Currently Available:
- Book Pickup Services
Services on Pause:
- Equipment loans including laptops, headphones, and chargers
As a member of the Mount Sinai community, thousands of books are accessible online through our Library catalog.
We are here to support your study and research needs when you are working or studying remotely. Please visit our Remote Services and Resources page to learn about all the ways you can stay connected to library and its services and resources.
Questions? Please contact Circulation Services.
Updated September 25, 2020.
Book Pick Up Services
Starting on Monday, September 28th, you will be able to request and place a hold on print books, and pick them up from the Levy Library. All you need to do is Log into your Research Discovery Account and search for the book you want. If it’s available to loan, you can click on the Request link and Place a Hold. We’ll send you an email when your book is ready, and you can stop by the Levy Library to pick it up during our operating hours.
Requests placed by 9pm, will generally be available to pick up after 10am the next business day. Requests made on Fridays after 12pm will be processed the following Monday. Please wait for a confirmation email before coming to the library!
How can you make a request?
Log into your Research Discovery Library account, then search for the book you want. If it is available, you can click on the ‘Request’ link to place a hold. Check out these instructions for more details. (https://libguides.mssm.edu/circulation/holds)
What Can You Request?
- Print books from our Circulating Collection
- Print books from our Special Topics Collection
- Print Books from our Reserves Collection
Picking Up Your Books
When you have received an email confirming that your book(s) is ready to be picked up, stop by the Levy Library front desk during operating hours and show your ID and we'll grab the book for you.
- Circulating and Special Topics Collection – check out for 21 days; 2 renewals max, unless the item has been placed on hold by another patron or item has been recalled by the library.
- Reserve Collection – check out for 24 hours ONLY, no renewals. Reserve books are only available for checkout Monday – Thursday only. Reserve books that are returned late pose high fines and is strictly enforced. Failure to return reserve books on time, will result in removal of circulating privileges for reserves, so please return on time.
Late fines and Fees
*Please note that browsing the library collection in person is not allowed at this time.
To learn more about holds, please visit: libguides.mssm.edu/circulation/holds