The Multimedia Manual of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery is the premier online video manual of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery tutorials. MMCTS brings online training for cardio-thoracic surgeons to an entirely new level with step-by-step video demonstrations of surgical procedures, supported by succinct text and clear graphics.
Access is provided for free by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Access Medicine is a collection of full text, searchable textbooks covering internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, emergency medicine, ob/gyn, surgery, and more. Textbook titles include Harrison's Online, Fuster and Hurst's the Heart, and Metabolic and Molecular Basis of Inherited Disease. Images from the textbooks may be saved, printed or downloaded for personal and educational use. AccessMedicine's mobile app content includes: Diagnosaurus DDX tool, Quick Medical DX and RX, Fitpatrick's Color Atlas of Dermatology, and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests and more!
Access Mobile App activation instructions:
1. On a desktop or mobile browser, navigate to AccessMedicine homepage while on the Mount Sinai network.
2. Select the ISMMS button in the upper right corner of the page and choose 'Sign in or Create a Free Access Profile from the drop down.
3. Either sign in or Create a free MyAccess Profile. Use your Mount Sinai institutional email address to ensure your account can be verified.
4. Once you create an account, download and install the app on your mobile device. *The app is not yet optimized for viewing on iPad or tablet*
5. After installing, you will be prompted to sign in with your Access profile credentials.
6. If you downloaded the app first, you will automatically be validated once you are on-site or connected via VPN.
You will need to re-authenticate to your Mount Sinai subscription every 90 days. To do this, you will visit the library website while on-site or using VPN. You will receive an in-app reminder when you need to reconnect to the subscription.
Board Vitals is board exam review tool for students, residents & fellows, nurses, physician assistants and practicing physicians. Contains question banks and practice exams for clerkship Shelf Exams, USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3 and many others such as maintenance of certification for many physician specialties. Requires free registration with your Sinai ID.
ClinicalKey is a clinical search resource available from Elsevier. Clinical Key includes patient education materials, drug information, practice guidelines and CME, as well as many high-quality books and journals.
App activation instructions:
1. While on the Mount Sinai network, register here with your Mount Sinai email.
2. Download and install app.
3. Login to the app with your username and password to get full text access.
A 3D anatomy platform with over 13,000 interactive structures and a living, beating, dissectible human heart.
Access Note:For access instructions to Complete Anatomy login to the Library Resources Special Directions page.. You must have a Mount Sinai email address to use this mobile app. Remote/Off-site users will need to connect to VPN to access activation instructions.
Google Scholar enables you to search for peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts, and technical reports from broad areas of research. Use it to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web.
JoVE creates the ultimate solutions for advancing research and science education by making and publishing videos of scientific experiments from the top laboratories around the globe. The library provides access to collections in Behavior, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biology, Cancer Research, Developmental Biology, Genetics, Immunology and Infection, Medicine and Neuroscience. Sign up with your institutional email address to create an account for access.
An integrated search platform for multiple drug databases including the Mount Sinai Formulary and Lexi-Drugs. Includes a drug interaction and compatibility tool, generic drug availability, as well as pricing information.
MEDLINE provides citations and abstracts for the journal literature of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and the preclinical sciences. Articles are indexed using National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). MEDLINE contains citations published in Index Medicus, and corresponds in part to the International Nursing Index and the Index to Dental Literature.
PsychiatryOnline is an integrated collection of psychiatric resources from American Psychiatric Publishing including: reference works, e-books, journals, news articles, self-assessment tools, PDA downloads, and more.
Core resources include: The DSM-IV-TR and DSM-IV Casebook, American Psychiatric Association Practice Guidelines for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders, Essentials of Clinical Psychopharmacology, and Clinical & Research News from Psychiatric News.
PubMed comprises more than 28 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Provides citations and abstracts for the journal literature of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and the preclinical sciences. Articles are indexed using National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). MEDLINE citations published in Index Medicus, and corresponds in part to the International Nursing Index and the Index to Dental Literature.
UpToDate is a clinical information resource that aims to synthesize the latest research evidence with best practices in order to provide detailed recommendations. Register for an account or simply begin searching using the search bar at the top.
App activation instructions:
1. From Mount Sinai's network go to the UpToDate search page and click the register option in the upper right corner if you are not prompted to register on the main page.
2. Register for a personal account. Choose whatever username/password you want - does not need to be your Mount Sinai credentials.
3. Download the UTD app from the App Store and login using your personal account username/password.
4. Every few months you'll need to authenticate yourself as an active Mount Sinai user. To do this, just login to UpToDate from a computer on Mount Sinai's network.