Visiting The Levy Library: Library Reopening
The Levy Library is Open with Limited Hours and Services
We look forward to welcoming the Mount Sinai community back into our spaces. In order to ensure the health and safety of our community of users, the Levy Library will be opening our spaces and services in phases over next couple of months. Please be aware that not all library services and areas in ANBG 10 & 11 will be available. Access to the library will be limited based on the maximum capacity set by school and hospital leadership recommendations.
Hours of Operation - The Levy Library
Annenberg 11 - Levy Library Main Floor
- Monday 9:00am - 10:50pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 10:50pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 10:50pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 10:50pm
- Friday 9:00am - 10:50pm
- Saturday CLOSED
- Sunday CLOSED
Annenberg 10 - Levy Library After Hours Study Space (Only open to currently enrolled ISMMS students)
- Monday- Friday 4:00pm - 6:00am
- Saturday - 24 hours
- Sunday - 24 hours
Studying in the Library - Starting November 2, 2020
Advanced reservation of a seat and study table is required for access to the 11th floor. No walk-in's or casual seating will be allowed at this time.
Study Table Reservation Polices (11th floor)
- All users are required to register for a study table in advance, prior to entering the library.
- 1-4 hour time slots will be made available 24 hours in advance of the following day
- Access to the study tables on the 11th floor are limited to current ISMMS students, faculty and staff, PSoN students, and MSHS residents, fellows and employees
- Users must adhere to the reservation time limits - no exceptions
- Users can book up to 2 separate reservations per day. We need to ensure that all our patrons have access to use our spaces.
- Users must follow all the library policies regarding social distancing and use of the space
START YOUR RESERVATION HERE:
You can also reserve a study table through the following link: https://libcal.mssm.edu/reserve/studytables
Library Seating Chart
After-Hours at the Levy Library
A dedicated after-hours ISMMS student study space on the Annenberg 10, will by open Monday to Friday from 4:00pm-6:00am, and 24 hours on Saturday to Sunday.
No reservations are required. Learn more at libguides.mssm.edu/visit/afterhours
Visiting the Library
- Entering the Library
- All users must check in with security guard to confirm their reservation
- A valid MSHS ID must be presented in order to enter the library
- All users must wear a mask over their nose and mouth while inside the library
- One person per table, no exceptions
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved
- All users will be provided a sanitizing wipe to disinfect their workstation prior to use
- Social Distancing and Traffic Patterns
- All users must adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing policy at all times
- Users need to follow directional signage to prevent running into another person
- Restroom Facilities
- The restrooms are now designated as gender neutral, single person use only. Key for access will be at the security desk
- Individual study tables - 11th floor (Reserve a spot here)
- Individual study carrels - 11th floor (Reserve a spot here)
- Individual study tables - 10th floor (Open study available after 4:00pm for ISMMS students only)
- Group study and quiet study areas
- Public computers
- Computer labs
- Classrooms and meeting rooms
Library Service Changes
- Book Pick Up Service Available for all students, faculty and staff
- No printing, scanning, or copying services. A printer is located on ANBG-13.
- No borrowing equipment (Laptops, chargers, headphones adaptors and presentation peripherals)
- No room reservations will be taken for current or future dates (this includes all examinations, didactics sessions and ISMMS courses)
How We Are Keeping You Safe
We all need to be partners in keeping all Mount Sinai spaces safe. To ensure the health and safety of all our users and library staff the following safety measures are in place:
- All users are required to wear a mask when inside the library
- All users must clean their hands upon entering the library
- The library will be maintaining a strict cleaning schedule, wiping common areas throughout our opening hours.
- Seats, service counters, bathrooms, elevator buttons, tables and chairs will be cleaned more frequently throughout the day
- Disinfection supplies will be provided at the Library entrance for patrons who will be using a study table and would like to disinfect their area(s)
If you have a question or would like to make a safety suggestion, please Contact Us.