Icahn School of Medicine Required and Suggested Books: Internal Medicine Clerkship
Available in Print
- Pocket Medicine by The flagship volume in the popular Pocket Notebook Series, Pocket Medicine, 7th Edition, is a must-have resource for fast answers to diagnostic questions you'll face on rounds and exams. It provides up-to-date, dependable guidance on the internal medicine information needed to make an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. Compiled by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this best-selling reference ensures that quick access to key clinical information and solutions to common problems in internal medicine is as close as your pocket! The Pocket Notebook Series was always designed to fit in the pocket of the medical student's white coat but as the popularity and usefulness of the title expanded to PAs, NPs, and beyond and the practice of wearing white coats moved towards wearing scrubs, we wanted to make the series even easier to keep with you where you needed it- in your pocket. With this latest edition, we have removed the bulkier hard plastic cover and changed the binding to a plastic spiral to make the book even easier to use while on the go. The thoroughly revised 7th Edition offers: Easy access to essential information on the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology Focused coverage in a highly templated format, including bulleted lists, abbreviations, symbols, tables, and algorithms References to landmark papers to help you intelligently answer questions from attendings and residents - all from a trusted source acceptable for use on rounds User-friendly tabs and a 2-color design to help you find information quickly Ideal coverage for medical students, interns, residents, advanced practice nurses, PAs, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board examsCall Number: WB39 P7395 2020ISBN: 9781975142377Publication Date: 2019-09-12
- Clinical Science Color Atlas by Over 125 color plates and cross references to the Underground Clinical Vignettes (UCV) series, Blackwell's Underground Clinical Vignettes: Clinical Science Color Atlas Step 2&3 is an essential companion for the wards and USMLE Step 2 review. This handy resource includes a master case index for the UCVs, for easy navigation among the eight books in the series. The colored plates of the Step 2&3 Atlas include patient images, dermatology, and fundoscopy, each descriptively captioned and linked to its Step 2&3 Case or Mini-Case in the UCV series. Organized to allow you to test 'unknowns,' the figure caption provides a name for the picture, but the "answers" are located within the individual volumes. Perfect for medical students -- physician assistants, nurse practitioners and related health professionals will also find Undergrond Clinical Vignettes valuable.Call Number: WB 18.2 B575 2003 STEPS 2 & 3 - RESERVE DESKISBN: 1405103841Publication Date: 2003-05-23
Questions and Reviews
- Blueprints Medicine by One of the best selling and most highly regarded volumes in the Blueprints series, this book provides a concise review of what students need to know in their rotations or the Boards.Call Number: E-bookISBN: 9781469864150Publication Date: 2015-10-01
- First Aid for the Medicine Clerkship, Fourth Edition byCall Number: E-bookISBN: 1260460630Publication Date: 2021
- Step-Up to Medicine by Step-Up to Medicine is your lifeline for the clinical years of medical school. This book was originally written by third-year medical students searching for the perfect review book--not finding it on the market, they wrote it themselves! Now in its third edition, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the full scope of tested pathology in a single ingenious tool. Each element is tailored for immediate content absorption, and an all-new, full-color interior differentiate elements for even faster, more efficient review. And, Step-Up to Medicine, third edition provides two types of self-assessment--the kinds of questions you will ask yourself as a clinician plus USMLE-style practice questions. This review book gives you just the Step-Up to the medicine clerkship, accompanying shelf exams, and USMLE Step 2 that you need! NEW Features for this blockbuster edition: Full-color, updated interior design brings the content to you in a rousing, memorable style. Full-color, updated art program illustrates concepts when a picture says it best--plenty of clinical images also supplement topics. New content on evidence-based medicine keeps you current and informed to guide your clinical decision making. Expanded content on drug dosing is added where relevant. CLASSIC Features students swear by: Complete coverage of high-yield medical topics ensures you are test ready Clinical Pearls boxes help you "file away" clinical medicine connections for handy retrieval at test time Quick Hits glimmering in the margins highlight highly testable material--just see how the sparks fly at test time BONUS Material and study resources: eBook with the fully searchable text is available via thePoint . NEW 300 USMLE-style questions provide another means of self-assessment and practice for those exams NEW Audio clips of breath and heart sounds also available on thePointCall Number: E-bookISBN: 9781609133603Publication Date: 2012-09-05
- Medicine Recall by Written primarily for third- and fourth-year medical students in clerkships, Medicine Recall, Fourth Edition covers the core specialty areas within internal medicine: cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology, hematology, oncology, infectious disease, endocrinology, allergy and immunology, rheumatology, neurology, and dermatology. The book is written in the rapid-fire Recall Series question-and-answer format, with the question on the left side of the page and the answer on the right. Mnemonics are interspersed throughout. Each chapter is written by faculty, students, and fellows and emphasizes diagnosis and treatment.Call Number: E-bookISBN: 9781605476759Publication Date: 2010-08-07
- Case Files Internal Medicine, Fifth Edition by Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. SHARPEN YOUR CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS AND IMPROVE PATIENT CARE Experience with clinical cases is key to mastering the art and science of medicine and ultimately in providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files®: Internal Medicine provides 60 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in Internal Medicine. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key concepts, definitions of key terms, clinical pearls, and board-style review questions to reinforce your learning. With Case Files®, you'll learn instead of memorize. * Learn from 60 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions, and conveniently organized by related diagnosis * Master key concepts with clinical pearls * Cement your knowledge with 25 new integrated challenge questions * Polish your approach to clinical problem solving and to patient care * Perfect for medical students and physician assistant studentsCall Number: E-bookISBN: 9780071843355Publication Date: 2016-09-23
Key Text Books and Handbooks
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking byCall Number: E-bookISBN: 9781496398178Publication Date: 2020-08-26
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol. 1 & Vol. 2) by Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible. Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features: Thoroughly revised content--covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison's.Call Number: E-bookISBN: 9781259644030Publication Date: 2018-08-13
- Goldman-Cecil Medicine by For more than 90 years, what is now called Goldman-Cecil Medicine has been the authoritative source for internal medicine and the care of adult patients. Every chapter is written by acclaimed experts who, with the oversight of our editors, provide definitive, unbiased advice on the diagnosis and treatment of thousands of common and uncommon conditions, always guided by an understanding of the epidemiology and pathobiology, as well as the latest medical literature.Call Number: E-bookISBN: 9780323532662Publication Date: 2019-09-12
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2021 by Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. The 60th anniversary edition of the most popular, relied-upon guide to internal medicine For 60 years, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment--the flagship volume of the renowned Lange medical series--has been delivering the authoritative information students, residents, and clinicians need to build their medical knowledge, expertise, and confidence. Covering the latest clinical developments in all facets of medicine and fully focused on bedside clinical issues, this new edition provides completely the latest guidelines, reference, drug prices, approved drugs, and evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders--all formatted to enable you to find the answers you need quickly and effortlessly. This landmark guide covers inpatient and outpatient care, focusing on the diagnostic tools relevant to daily practice, and reviews all primary care topics, including gynecology/obstetrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, preventive medicine, psychiatry, and neurology. Now includes a "year in review" feature highlighting what's new in CMDT! *Includes essentials of diagnosis for most diseases/disorders *Hundreds of quick-access drug treatment tables with indexed trade names *Diagnostic and treatment algorithms present important information in an at-a-glance style *Up-to-date references provide peer-reviewed, evidence-based information *Seven bonus chapters available online to all book purchasers, featuring expanded content and annual review of advances in HIV treatment and critical information on emerging viral infectionsCall Number: E-bookISBN: 1260469867Publication Date: 2020-09-10
- Textbook of Family Medicine by This ninth edition of the Textbook of Family Medicine, edited by Drs. Robert E. Rakel and David P. Rakel, remains your #1 choice for complete guidance on the principles of family medicine, primary care in the community, and all aspects of clinical practice. Ideal for both residents and practicing physicians, this medical reference book includes evidence-based, practical information to optimize patient care and prepare you for the ABFM exam. A clean, quick-reference layout makes it easy for you to put information to work immediately in your practice. Gain a new understanding of the patient-centered medical home and how to achieve this status in outpatient clinics. Make the most effective care decisions with help from "Evidence vs. Harm" icons that guide you through key treatments of common medical conditions. Take advantage of today's most useful online resources with a convenient list of outstanding clinical websites. Quickly spot "Best Evidence Recommendations" with special boxes located throughout the text, and glean helpful tips on diagnosis and therapy from "Key Points" boxes found on every page. Quickly access content with an efficient new layout that includes more than 1,000 tables and full-color illustrations; treatment boxes for a concise overview of how to treat various conditions; Grade A SORT recommendations; and key points highlighting the major takeaways of each chapter. Take advantage of an enhanced focus on team-based care as the role of primary care providers evolves, and stay up to date on the most current practice guidelines with evidence-based information throughout. View 30 immersive procedural videos online from Procedures Consult, including chest tube placement, knee injection, vasectomy, vaginal tear repair, skin biopsy, colposcopy, IUD insertion, and more. Remain at the forefront of the field with coverage on self-care, the emergence of tobacco alternatives such as e-cigarettes, and the changing picture of cancer in America. Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices. The Textbook of Family Medicine continues to provide the latest, most comprehensive coverage of family medicine practice.ISBN: 9780323239905Publication Date: 2015-02-20
- Access Medicine This link opens in a new window
AccessMedicine is a collection of full text, searchable textbooks covering internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, emergency medicine, ob/gyn, surgery, and more.
App activation instructions:
1. While on the Mount Sinai network click on the ISMMS button in the upper right-hand corner of the AccessMedicine homepage.
2. Create a Free MyAccess Profile.
3. Download and install the app, and login with your My Access credentials.
Titles include Harrison's Online, Hurst's the Heart, and Metabolic and Molecular Basis of Inherited Disease. Images from the textbooks may be saved, printed or downloaded for personal and educational use. AccessMedicine's mobile app content includes: Diagnosaurus DDX tool, Quick Medical DX and RX, Fitpatrick's Color Atlas of Dermatology, and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests.