PubMed: My NCBI
My NCBI enables you to save citations and searches permanently, and to personalize PubMed (and other NCBI databases) to better manage your search results.
- Collections: Use the Send to drop down menu in PubMed to save citations to a My NCBI collection that you can return to later, download, email, or share with colleagues. Note: Place a check in the box next to any citations that you want to save. Otherwise, My NCBI will save all the results of your search, up to 5,000 citations.
- Create Alert: To save your search strategy or rerun a search in the future (to keep up with new articles on your research topic, for example), click the Create Altert link below the PubMed query box on the search results page. Use the Saved Search Settings to have PubMed email you new results of your search daily, weekly or monthly.
- Filters: Customize PubMed search results pages with Filters that you use often. You can create custom search filters that, for example, allow you to identify articles from a specific institution or in one or more journals.
- My NCBI preferences includes storing and changing your e-mail address, highlighting search terms, opening the abstract display supplemental data by default, and turning off the auto suggest feature.
- Maintain your publications list using My Bibliography for use in grant applications and progress reports.
Creating an Account
Click Log in at the top right of PubMed's homepage to sign into My NCBI or register for a free account.
Log in using one of the options provided or sign up for an account using the "Sign up" link at the bottom of the page.
If signing up for a new account, select Create new NCBI Account.