Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery: Loansome Doc
What is Loansome Doc?
Loansome Doc is a document ordering feature of MEDLINE via PubMed or the NLM Gateway. While reviewing citations from your search, you tag the articles you wish to order. Information identifying you and the desired articles is then uploaded to the National Library of Medicine (NLM), which forwards the information to your ordering library.
The NLM develops and makes available the searching interfaces with the Loansome Doc enhancement. NLM, however, is not the "ordering library" for Loansome Doc services. To use Loansome Doc, you must first make arrangements with a library (usually a local health sciences library) for provision of services.
Loansome Doc at the Levy Library
How Loansome Doc works
- If you submit your request by 12pm EST, we will read your request and if the item is available in our collection, we will fulfill the request within 48 business hours.
- If we do not have an item in our collection, we will cancel the request and notify the user via email.
What can you request through Loansome Doc
- Users can request full-text articles that are available in our collection. Books cannot be requested through Loansome Doc.
- The Library delivers articles to affiliated users by email only. We no longer provide articles via USPS delivery, fax, or in-person pick up.
Charges and Billing
- Current Mount Sinai faculty, students and staff are charged $5.00 per request if the article is in the Levy Library collection.
- Members of The Mount Sinai Alumni are charged $5.00 per request.
- All users are billed monthly.
- We only accept payment in the form of a U.S. check or U.S. money order.
For all unaffiliated users, our charge for services is $20.00 per item. You will be billed each month. Users with unpaid bills exceeding $100.00 will have their account suspended until payment is received.
Speed of Delivery
- We do not provide rush delivery services.
- If an item requested is available in our collection, we will provide the item within 48 business hours if request was received by 12pm EST.
- If an item is not available in our collection, we will cancel the request immediately and no charges will be assessed.