PlumX Group Maintenance: Adding or Updating an H-Index
Editing an Existing h-Index
The simplest way to edit an existing h-index is actually to remove it and start over:
- Click the x in the right hand corner of the current h-index box to delete it from the profile.
- Create a new h-index with the updated value following the same steps as above.
- The "date created" will automatically set to the current date.
We recommend performing an annual h-index update for your department to ensure the most current number is displayed. Independent of that yearly check-up, it's possible that a researcher will contact you with a request to update their h-index.
Adding a New h-Index
Please note that Scopus is the preferred source h-index information on the Mount Sinai Health System's PlumX dashboard. PlumX supports h-indexes from Web of Science and Google Scholar as well. If a researcher would like more than one h-index included on their profile, please feel free to include any or all sources as long as the Scopus h-index is always displayed.
- In a separate browser tab, open Scopus. Toggle from the Documents search to the Author search, insert the researcher's last name and first name and click search. Click on the researcher's name in the search results list to open their profile.
- In the Scopus Author profile, the researcher's current h-index score visible beneath the author's name, affiliation, and subject areas.
- Insert this number and the date in the h-index field in PlumX. Be sure to select Scopus from the "Source" drop-down menu.