Mount Sinai Beth Israel Library: Our Services
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Library Services
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) Libraries are committed to supporting the health system's robust culture of research, scholarship, and evidence-based practice.
Linda Paulls, MLIS, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Librarian, is available to provide 1:1 literature search assistance, support evidence-based practice, assist with publishing support, and for educational and instructional presentations and meetings.
Literature Search Consultations
Need help with your a literature search? Here are some examples of assistance we can offer:
- Learn how to search our databases such as PubMed, Nursing Reference Center Plus, and many more.
- Library orientation. Discover new resources and databases.
- Work with a librarian to build an effective search strategy.
- Publishing support: a librarian can show you tools to identify appropriate journals for submission.
Publication Support Services
Having trouble getting your manuscript accepted for publication? The library has tools and resources for selecting an appropriate publication target journal. Schedule a consult with a librarian for assistance.
We can also provide tips on drafting a letter to the editor.
We offer assistance with the following Reference Management tools:
Not sure which tool is right for you? Check out our comparison guide.
You will be able to:
- Organize your research into collections or groups, create notes and tags.
- Import citations from PubMed, Google Scholar and many other databases.
- Store your PDFs.
- Share with your coworkers.
- Automatically create a bibliography from your Word document.
- Change your bibliography to a different format style.
Interlibrary Loan Services - ILLiad
Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL) allows ISMMS students, residents, faculty, and staff and MSHS employees to borrow materials from other libraries when an item is not available at Mount Sinai Health System Libraries.
In order to make an ILL request all users must first register for an ILLiad account. ILLiad also enables users to track the status of their requests, and can provide available articles in PDF format through its Electronic Delivery option. Electronically delivered articles are usually available in 2-3 business days. Request for physical materials can take from 7-14 days to receive depending on the location of the item.
Request Policies and Limits
- Users can submit up to 20 requests at a time
- We will process up to 5 requests per user, per day.
- Users who are working on large projects or are planning to submit more than 20 requests for a single project, must contact the head of the Interlibrary Loan Services department prior to submitting any requests. Please send an email to ILL-E-Delivery@mssm.edu with your name, status at MSHS or ISMMS, and scope of the project.
- All interlibrary loan items must either be returned or renewed (if allowed) by the due date. Failure to return any item in a timely manner could result in late, lost, and/or processing fees that have been applied by the lending library. Failure to return an item will result in a loss of interlibrary loan privileges.
Mount Sinai Health System Libraries subscribes to the National Interlibrary Loan Code of the American Library Association as well as to regional agreements, and adheres strictly to copyright law.