Clerkship Resources and Tips: Make the Evidence Come to You
Keys to success in the clerkships and beyond.
Why not make the evidence come to you?
There are many options for receiving automated updates of the latest, best available evidence include free emails services, search alerts, and social media feeds. Find the methods that best suit your needs and make the evidence come to you!
- BMJ Evidence Updates - "Current best evidence from research, tailored to your own health care interests, to support evidence-based clinical decisions; all citations (from over 110 premier clinical journals) are pre-rated for quality by research staff, then rated for clinical relevance and interest by at least 3 members of a worldwide panel of practicing physicians"
- ACP JournalWise - "ACP JournalWise, a free member benefit, reviews over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant, new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty." Note: This service is free to ACP members only. ACP offers free student memberships.
- NEJM Journal Watch - "The most important research, medical news, drug information, public health alerts, and guidelines across 13 specialties are summarized and put into perspective for you by our team of physician editors...Because context is often as important as the content itself, NEJM Journal Watch always delivers the latest medical research developments in a clinically relevant context. All of our research summaries are accompanied by expert commentary from our contributing physicians, offering a unique perspective about the research itself and how it applies to the everyday practice of medicine."
- Cochrane Library Twitter Feed: Follow the Cochrane Library on Twitter (@CochraneLibrary)
- Search alerts - Design a PubMed search to retrieve systematic reviews and meta-analyses on your topics of interest, then use the “Create Alert” option to receive automated emails notifying you of new citations that meet your search criteria. See the Save a Search and Create an E-mail Alert video from NLM to learn how.