Circulation Services: Renewals, Holds, and Fines
Most items that have been checked out may be placed on Hold. Once on Hold status, an item cannot be renewed. You will be notified when the material has been returned and you can then obtain it from the Service Desk. Please note that reserve items may not be placed on hold.
To place an item on Hold, please phone 212-241-7791 (ext. 47791) or visit the Service Desk. You can also place a Hold at any time through the online My Library Account service. To do so, locate the record in the Library Catalog, click on the Title link for the item. Scroll down toward the "Find a copy in the library" section of the Item record and then click on blue Place Hold button on the right corner.
You may renew an item that you have checked out two times unless it has been placed on Hold by another patron.
- To renew materials that are not on reserve, please visit the Service Desk or phone the Circulation Department at 212-241-7791 (ext. 47791). You can also renew non-reserve items online at any time: click on My Library Account from any Library Catalog page.
- All reserve items must be renewed at the Service Desk when Circulation Services are available.
Levy Library charges overdue fines to encourage the prompt return of materials. Please pay any fines at the Service Desk.
- Circulating Book Collection: 20 cents for each day.
- Laptops, Chargers, and all other technology equipment: $1 a day.
- Course Reserves: $1 for each hour.
- Audiovisual Materials (except audio tapes): 50 cents for each hour.
- The maximum fine for any overdue item is $20.
- The charge for any item that is not returned is $150 or the cost to purchase the item, whichever is more. In addition, the cost of processing the replacement material is added to the fine.