Levy Library: About Us
The Levy Library supports the education, research, and clinical information needs of the Mount Sinai Medical Center, including the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The Library provides an inviting environment designed to facilitate research, study, and collaboration. It offers an extensive collection of biomedical databases, e-journals, e-books, and print resources, and serves as a resource on information retrieval, information management and scholarly communication issues.
The Library is a unit of Mount Sinai's Academic Informatics and Technology division. Academic Informatics and Technology also encompasses The Mount Sinai Archives and Records Management department; the Instructional Technology and Learning Systems team and the Academic Support and Learning Environments group.
We offer a range of services to facilitate scholarship, research and evidence-based clinical practice, including:
- Ask A Librarian Service: Call us, text us, email us or stop by in person to receive assistance from a librarian. Please note that for complex information needs (.e.g help with search strategy for a systematic review), we may not be able to answer your inquiry on the spot and may instead recommend that you schedule a consultation with a librarian.
- Circulation Services: Borrowing, returning, fines, renewals, holds, hard-copy reserve materials, fax service.
- Course Reserves: Place print or audiovisual materials on reserve for courses at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Dissertation or Thesis Deposit: We can help you through the dissertation/thesis deposit process, providing recommendations on copyright matters and formatting tips.
- Education Services and Research Support: view upcoming classes, request instruction, or schedule a consultation.
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service: Our Interlibrary service can help you obtain any materials which are not part of Levy Library's collection.
- Printing, Scanning, and Photocopying
- Remote Access to Full Text Books and Journals: Mount Sinai affiliated users have access to our extensive medical collection from home/off-campus.
- Suggest a Purchase: We welcome your suggestions for print or online resources.